Thursday, April 05, 2007

Advon to the Advon

Well, the Battalion XO asked one of the officers a question about the
advanced party arrangements and the officer didn't know the answer. So,
the XO got really P.O.'d and stormed out of the room and came to me and
said he wanted me and GySgt Avila to go to Al Asad two days before
everyone else to make sure everything was locked on and ready to go. So
now, I'll be leaving Al Qaim on the 11th. I'm basically not doing
anything that I couldn't do over the phone but the XO was so mad that I
didn't argue. Can you say, "Thank you Lieutenant" sarcastically of
course. Because now, I will be sitting in Al Asad in a 30 man tent with
GySgt Avila with nothing to do for two days but watch the clock. Those
are the worst and longest days. I would much rather be here working for
another week or two if I could make it home in three days with minimal
layovers. Instead, it's going to take me about 10 days from when I
leave here to get to California. I'm not looking forward to it. It
will probably be the longest 10 days of my life. It's a good thing that
Lieutenant isn't going with me; he'd get left behind somewhere.
The communications inspection went well. We were rated the best
Communications shop in RCT 2. That's only against 4 other Battalions
but it's still good. It actually kind of surprised me that we are the
best because I know that we can do even better.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home