Saturday, March 31, 2007

New Marines

My sister sent me an e-mail yesterday and told me about the new Marine
Corps regulation on Tattoos. I had heard that we were getting a new
one, but I didn't know when. After tomorrow, no Marines can have any
tattoo below their elbow or below their knee.
I wrote five of my Marines up for medals this past week. One of the
other companies wrote up two more of my guys for medals for things that
they did out here. These guys have been working their tails off. As
soon as we get back, I'm losing three of my four SNCO's, and five of my
six sergeants. I'm losing 15 Marines total but I have 15 new guys
inbound. One has already checked in at Twentynine Palms. The battalion
is getting about 65 brand new infantry (03xx) Marines on the 15th
straight from School of Infantry training. I hope a few of them are
good football players. Hahaha.
We turned our clocks forward last night. I set my alarm for 0500 and
when it went off, I decided to skip my cardio and sleep some more.
Hahaha.
Britni had a swim meet this past weekend. She did really well. I
can't wait to get back and watch her at the meets. All her times are
going to have to get faster for USA swim meets because when she turns 13
in May she is going to have to move up a division. Her club swimming in
Yucca Valley takes her birthday at the start of the season, so she can
stay in the lower division for those meets.

2 Comments:

At 7:00 AM, Anonymous 147 said...

Mike – congratulations already on your guys getting medals . . I know they appreciate you for helping make them who they are . . by your focus, drive, endurance, wisdom, example, etc. ~YOU GO COACH!~

Saying goodbye to the 15 will just spur you on to the next challenge of the new ones coming in. Every change is a challenge but you thrive because you know your stuff.

Yep - time keeps rolling on – especially for Britni. How in the world did she grow up so fast?? She’ll take the challenge too and I know she will push that much harder in the higher division. I wouldn’t be surprised if you don’t just jump in the pool with her when you finally get to see her compete again – HA – but I can see you yelling to everyone, “HEY, did everybody (aka ya'll) see that? Oh man Britni – that was awesome.” ~YOU GO SWIMMER!~

 
At 3:24 PM, Blogger Patrick T. Mc Alister said...

Mike-I know a couple of the 03xx that are coming from SOI he is actually a former state football champ from TX. You should seek him out. Especially if you know 1SGT Dal. at 3/7.

I don't know about the new tat regs. I would be SOL. I have them below the kneee and the Elbow. The Chaplain Corps wouldn't know what to do if I walked back in.

Stay Safe.

S/F
Chaps

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home