Thursday, March 01, 2007

Lost Blogs

Today I was chatting with my wife and found out that not all of my messages to my blog have been posting.  So I compared what I had sent and what was posted for the past two weeks and found out that two posts were missing.  I didn’t have time to go over all of them.  Besides, it’s so long ago that it probably wouldn’t matter anyway.  I have attached the two missing blog entries below with their original post dates.  Hopefully, this will get though.

 

-------------------------------------------------

 

RAZORBACK FLAG

(Originally sent on Feb 26)

 

  I got an Arkansas Razorback flag with Houston Nutt, Frank Broyles, and Darren McFadden’s autograph.  Houston Nutt wrote, “To Mike, to our heroes!  We thank you for your work!  Go Hogs!”  Frank Broyles wrote, “To our heroes, thanks. Go Hogs Go.” Darren McFadden autographed it and put a #5 next to his name.  I was so excited my hands were shaking.  I took it all over the place to show everyone.  When I get back home, it’s going in a frame.  I can’t believe that I got this.  It’s amazing.  It didn’t come with a letter or anything else so I have no idea who had it sent to me.  The only address on it was the University of Arkansas Athletics.

  No one was seriously injured last night from CLB-2.  Lima Company found six IED’s in the past 48 hours.

  This morning I did my first Chuck workout since my surgery.  We warmed up with 40 minutes of cardio on the Elliptical Machine, and then we did three minutes of hitting the hand pads, three minutes of jump rope, three minutes of abs, and three minutes of holding the hand pads.  We did it for three rounds.  It was pretty fun.  Tomorrow morning, the SgtMaj and I are doing another chuck workout with the Comm Plt Staff NCO’s and a few of my Sergeants.  I thought we were going to do it with them on Wednesday and I had planned to take tomorrow off.  But, one of the General’s is flying in this week and he changed his flight to Wednesday this morning so we had to move it up.  I’m guessing I’ll be sore so I’ll have to get up a little earlier and stretch everything out real well.

  We had the Commanding Officer of the Air Wing from Al Asad and the Master Gunnery Sergeant from their Comm Platoon came by to visit the Captain and me today.  We gave them a brief on how we were running everything and then took them to all of the sections.  The MGySgt was here two years ago sitting in my seat.  I wasn’t looking forward to it but they seemed to be impressed.  The MGySgt said we had come a long ways since he left.  It seemed like we had done almost all of the improvements.  The way he was explaining things was almost exactly how it was when we got here.

  Well, I gotta go figure out a way to hang my Razorback flag in my room now.

 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

CLB-2

(Originally sent on Feb 25)

 

I just wanted to write a quick update because I don’t have much time tonight.  It has been very windy, cold, and gray the last few days.  We went to the range again and shot up some more targets.  We didn’t get any visitors this time.  I start back on Chuck Training tomorrow morning.  I’m looking forward to it.

  Just before chow time tonight our supply convoy that carries the mail and chow got hit.  Combat Logistics Battalion – 1 (CLB-1) just did a turnover with CLB-2 last week.  Tonight was CLB-2’s first convoy by themselves and they got hit.  We had to send a medivac helicopter out to them but I haven’t heard if anyone was seriously hurt or not.

 

5 Comments:

At 6:36 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

Mike -
THANK LINDA FOR THE RAZORBACK FLAG!
She has become first name friends with the U of A athletic department on your account!

 
At 3:34 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

The folks in the athletics department at the University of Arkansas were happy to honor you. When I explained you are THE Razorback fan, they were mighty impressed. I'm glad you got it and that it brought you some Razorback sunshine. You deserve it! As you say, "GO HOGS!!"

 
At 5:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH MY GOSH!!!!! I am so excited for you about that flag!!!! How awesome is that!!!! Thanks Linda!!

I got behind your Dad going home from work yesterday. I use to catch up with him more often when I didn't live in the country. He is a good one to follow because he is NOT going to go over 60 and I don't have to watch my speed at all. ha ha ha So there we go down the road putting along in our little worn out cars from making so many trips to Pine Bluff. ha ha I just sit back there and relax and eventually we make it to Sheridan.

Glad you got to start your Chuck training again. The temperature has been warmer lately here and it feels so good to do anything outside.

LOVE YA!!! Melanie

 
At 5:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike:

My name is Scott Pickey - and I work in the news department at the NBC Station in Fayetteville. I was wondering two things ...

First - can you send us pictures of the Hog stuff you got? We would love to do a story on you getting it in Iraq.

Second - and probably harder - how difficult would it be for us to do a phone interview with you at some point?

My direct line is 479 / 684.4418 - and my email is spickey@knwa.com.

Thanks for the help - and stay safe.

sp

 
At 12:18 AM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

oh my gosh!! oh my!! to know you have received that hawg banner!! gives me chill bumps and many happy tears!
thank you linda over and over, this is truly a moment in history for michael. i can just see him opening that package, and i'll bet his "hollering " echoed for miles!! bonnie and missy can relate to the performance of michael during a razorback game on tv, for us to watch him is better than the game, better bring earplugs if you plan on staying!!
and a special thanks to the arkansas athletic department for the banner! michael and his dad are very proud to be hog fans.
stay safe michael and know you are loved!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home