Friday, March 02, 2007

Linda is Amazing

  Well, I found out the person who is behind the Razorback Flag.  It’s Linda.  Linda is so awesome.  I can’t believe she would go through all that trouble.  I can’t wait to get it framed and to hang it up.  Linda, I will never forget about this.  I will think of you every time I see that flag.  I’m going to have to teach you how to call the hogs when I see you.

  Last night the “Buffalo Jills” came to visit us.  They are the Buffalo Bills Cheerleaders.  I didn’t go see them.  They didn’t start their routine until 2100 and I was pretty tired.  One of my Marines was selected to dance on stage and he brought the house down.  I got to watch him this morning on video.  LCpl Driggers is the smallest and probably the weakest Marine in our company.  He’s a good hearted guy that usually finds himself in some kind of trouble but because of his good natured attitude and his personality he usually gets away with it.  He’s really shy and doesn’t talk too much.  We don’t let anyone mess with him.  We might make fun of him every once in a while but we don’t let anyone else do it.  Anyway, Driggers gets on stage and unbuttons his cammie top, twirls it around, and throws it into the crowd.  Then he takes off his green t-shirt and throws it.  The Marines are going nuts.  The Buffalo Jills are laughing hysterically.  It’s pretty funny.  He got an autographed picture of all the girls on it and a DVD.  This was the girls first visit to a Marine Camp.  I don’t think they’ll forget it.

5 Comments:

At 12:36 AM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

boy i would like to have been there to see the "dance"!! how fun! chill bumps again to hear of your guys being able to "throw down" in spite of it all!
hope your weather is as beautiful as ours!!
love ya and miss ya
stay safe

 
At 2:37 AM, Blogger Missy said...

After seeing pictures of LCpl Driggers, I can only imagine what he looked like doing his dance for the Marines. Isn't it amazing how grown men act when they haven't been near women in 7 months!!! They start seeing women that aren't really women exercising, they dance topless for other Marines...he ha ha
That's okay, I couldn't picture in my head a five mile long tornado either, that is, until daddy informed me that's how long it stayed on the ground. I kept thinking, no wonder Schellee doesn't want to move to Arkansas.
Linda, you are now a household name right along with the Razorbacks!! You have no idea what joy you have brought to Mike's life. Thank you so very much, I know if he could figure out a way to wear it and not ruin it, he would. :)

 
At 4:55 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

I hope you got pictures of LCpl Driggers doing the dance. That will be a story the Buffalo Jillys and the guys will be telling for years. What a multi-talented guy he is!
All is good out in sunny California. Weather good, jacarandas trees blooming with purple blossoms and still no rain. NCAA March Madness is beginning and UCLA seems to be destined to be one of the attending basketball teams. Go Bruins!!

 
At 5:03 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

Mike, our thoughts and prayers are with the Marines and Sailors of Darkside as you honor LCpl Bravo. His courage and sacrifice will not be forgotten. Our world is richer for the Brave young warriors who stand up for those who cannot protect themselves and poorer for their loss.For his family of Marines and his family at home, our deepest sympathy.
Candles have been lit and prayers said for him.

 
At 10:37 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

I'm sending my sympathy too concerning LCpl Bravo. You all constantly remain in my heart and prayers. I wonder just what all is going on - but I have no doubt our Brave Marines are giving all. Thank you again and again for your endurance and sacrifices.
More and more I admire Linda's giving heart - you deserve the best - and with Linda, that's just what you have! Congratulations on the news feature.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home