Sunday, March 11, 2007

Jumped ahead too soon

  Yesterday afternoon we had a pilot drop by that was with 3/4 last year.  He was sitting in our office and said that he heard that the Communications Chief had gotten killed.  I looked at him and told him that I was the Comm Chief and I was definitely still alive.  Somehow MSgt McAnulty got confused with me and he said the word on some bases is that I died.  First it was the SgtMaj who supposedly died and now it’s me.  I guess it would be easy to get the MSgt’s confused since there are only two in each infantry Bn.

  The Razorbacks are in the SEC Championship Game!  They are going to air the game for us tonight at 8:00 P.M.  I can’t wait to see them play.  I will be wearing my hog hat and I’ll have my flag with me.  Hopefully, they have already done enough to get into the NCAA Tournament.  It sure would be nice for us to beat Florida for the Championship in basketball since they took one from us in football.

  The chow hall turned their clocks forward an hour today and caused all kinds of problems with schedules.  They were telling everyone that we were supposed to turn the clocks.  So, some Marines turned their clocks up and others knew not to.  We don’t turn our clocks with the U.S.  We turn ours whenever the Commanding General of II MEF tells us to do it.  We aren’t going to change them until the Iraqi’s change theirs so we can all be on the same time in this country.  We had to go around and make sure everyone had the correct time.  The chow hall changed their clock back.  If anyone was late to anything today they were blaming it on the bum scoop that was passed at the chow hall but in reality they should have been early.  Hehe.

  The Regimental Combat Team that we belong to flew in today for a visit.  The Captain had to baby sit them most of the day.  I only saw them for about 30 minutes then I found things to keep me busy so I wouldn’t have to sit around with them.

GO HOGS!!

6 Comments:

At 7:57 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

As Mark Twain said, "The news of my death has been greatly exaggerated." It must feel like an episode of The Twilight Zone to be told you are dead when, we are so glad to know you are well and very much alive.
Let's see, the Razorbacks will play at 7 or is that 8 or 12 new time, old time, or ...The important thing is that you have your hat, your flag and a section who will cheer them on. Hope they know that way over on the other side of the Earth, there is a Marine and his crew who are yellin' for the Hogs!
By the way, what IS the Hogs yell?

 
At 5:18 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whooooooooooooooo PIG Soooie.......Whooooooooooooo PIG Soooie ..........Whooooooooooo PIG Soooie RAZORBACKS.....dada da dada da dada da-da da da da da da da da da.. dada da..dada da..dada da.......
Melanie
P.S. - Glad to hear from swimmer!! Looking forward to seeing you!!

 
At 6:58 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

Mike, there are 65 teams playing for three weeks and Arkansas is one of them. I was reading in the paper today that some of the teams have some pretty interesting nicknames. How's this: the Southern Illinois team's nickname is "Eygptian Hunting Dog". How in the world did they come up with that? And the Kansas team's nickname is that fictional Kansas Jayhawk. Of course North Texas is setting the tone when they reveal they are "Mean Green". Did you get to watch the game?
Santa Ana winds are howling through Southern California, bringing the temperatures up to record highs and the inevitable wildfires. All we need is a little earthquake and it will be the land of shake and bake.
Nice along the coast where everyone sends their best to you.
Love the Hogs' yell. Melanie, you are a kick. I'll practice that in my car as I drive along the coast. So there's a picture for you, a little old school teacher, driving along the 101, looking out at the blue Pacific and calling the hogs!
Take care!!

 
At 11:02 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

...and a whole hassle of wild hogs are trailing you by the time you get to Emilie Ritchen School!
Then what are you gonna do Linda?

No shake and bake here in the south - it's all deep fried - skin on! Starts about the first of June.
Is the sand heating up in Iraq?

You go Swimmer!

 
At 5:24 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

The NCAA playoffs have begun and the mighty Bruins are looking good. They've got their earlier enthusiasm and game on. Beat Weber tonight and will play the winner of the Indiana-Gonzaga game on Saturday. Duke lost in a surprising ending.
Your mom sent me some basic instructions and examples of the hog yell and your sister wrote the words so now I can cheer them on during their game.Who would have thought I'd become a Razorback fan?
Sgt Mora sent some great pictures. Hello to all the guys!
Take care!!

 
At 5:21 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

Hope all is well with you over there. Our thoughts and prayers continue to be with you as you stand strong.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home