Sunday, February 04, 2007

The Squares

  Another slow day.  I should be thankful for these kinds of days.  The Super Bowl comes on tonight at 0230.  The Chow hall is completely decked out in green and brown.  They have little cutouts of football players taped to the walls.  They really did a good job of decorating.  They said they are going to have wings and microwave pizzas.  We did the “squares” too.  It was $5 per square.  I bought two and got stuck with the numbers 5 – 5, and 9 – 2.  Those aren’t god numbers.  I play the squares every year and I have never won anything.  Looks like I’ll be keeping my streak alive.  Well, I have to go.  I’m going to try and get to sleep early so I’m won’t be dragging my butt around tomorrow.  GO COLTS!

2 Comments:

At 6:51 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

Superbowl Sunday is too funny. I was watching the pre-pre-pregame show this morning for a few minutes and saw a guy holding a square of grass. He was talking about the importance(?) of wet versus dry grass and how wet grass would make a faster field. The average person will eat three times their average intake of snack foods. Go Fritos! The coaches were awaken every few hours with weather updates. This was just the beginning of the three hour pregame show. It's a good day for women to go shopping. Wouldn't that be something if you win the poll? I am so impressed with the decorating and how that keeps the guys in touch with what is going on at home because the days must just merge one into another without the reminders. Go Colts!!

 
At 5:40 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

Well, they did it, the Colts won with syle and grace. Hope you got to watch the game. Those weather concerns about rain made the field wet but not any faster. The Superbowl is definitely an all day event. Now for the postgame and post post game shows. What's our next sports event? I heard sumo wrestling is making a comeback. Did they really serve chicken wings and microwave pizza? Who won the pot for the winning score?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home