Friday, February 09, 2007

Helo Pad

  The Captain went back out again today.  He won’t be back until Sunday.  I’m taking all the Marines out to shoot tomorrow.  It should be fun.  The helo pad is about 100 yards from my tin can.  They were in and out all night last night.  An Iraqi Policeman got injured when the car he was riding in hit an IED.  I must have woken up about six or seven times.  The First Sergeants can is the first can next to the helo pad and when they take off and land it actually shakes his room.  They have taken the barriers away because they are putting in another helo pad.  So the new helo pad will be about 40 – 50 yards from his can.  I hope they put up higher barriers to help keep the noise down.  They probably won’t.  I’m glad I live at the other end.

  I did cardio this morning but the SgtMaj told me he needed to skip the gym this afternoon.  He said he wasn’t feeling well.  So we will pick up tomorrow where we left off.

5 Comments:

At 7:46 PM, Blogger Missy said...

The helo pad reminds me of the train tracks that ran behind my dorm in college. Not good memories.
I hope the SgtMaj gets better so you can get back to your Chuck workouts.
I love you, be safe

 
At 10:50 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

Can't be any louder from the helo pad than it is from Larry snoring. He's either taking off or landing all night long! I run the dish washer every night whether it is full or not - just to have a different noise - but only he can shake the house!! Hang in there, you'll get used to it in about 20 years! Just kidding. I do not make light of your situation - you live in a war zone 24/7! Know you men must sleep with your eyes and ears open. God bless you for every sacrifice.
I practiced my "small change" routine this morning in your honor. Not up to nickel or dime routines yet - still in the "penny mode." I did one sit-up one time when I woke up - then fell back in the bed exhausted! Think it just might work though. Tomorrow, I'm gonna do a penny jumping jack OUTside on the porch - I'll call it my workOUT. Had my own personal cardio 2 weeks ago. Slept through the whole thing.
So thankful you love even the crazy Mike!! Wimpy. Wimpy. Hefty. Hefty. (You always were the hefty - I was just pretending!)

 
At 12:15 PM, Anonymous kcgflves said...

I've been told that rest is the most coveted of all wishes in Iraq, a chance for a quiet, peaceful rest. Hopefully Sgt Major will find a place he can rest and get better. Earplugs, just like those you wear at concerts, but not a George Strait one. The activity level sounds as though it is pretty high and we know there is much to be done so take care.
Glad you got the letters from Mrs. Nichols' class. When she told the kids they would get to write to you, they started cheering. They can write some pretty good letters and they wanted you to know how much they love the Marines and to thank you for all you do. Boy, they sure do learn a lot in one year!
God bless you all and keep you strong.
Semper Fidelis

 
At 12:16 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

It's amazing that I got into college, let alone graduated. Of course my name isn't kcgf...
Your friend,
Linda

 
At 8:34 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I pray for peace to the families who have lost loved ones.
LOVE YA!! Melanie

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home