Friday, January 19, 2007

Visit

  Gen Zilmer came by for a visit today.  We gave him a two hour brief on our area of operation (AO) and what we have been doing.  He said he was impressed with what 3/4 has accomplished.  Since we have been here the Iraqi Forces are now conducting more patrols than we are.  Our area has been extremely quite in the past eight weeks.  He wanted to take what we have done and use it as a model for the battalions to our East.  He said that we are the example for how the war should be fought.  He’s going to bring out some other generals within the next month to show them what we have done.  He also said 3/4 will probably not have to be here as long as we first thought.  He said he thought that we would only end up being extended for about 45 – 60 days instead of 90.  Nothing is set in stone yet.  We will see what happens in the next few weeks.

  I will be going to Al Asad tomorrow and then to Balad the next day.  I am taking 30 laptops to get repaired.  So I will be in Balad for two or three days and then fly back.  I don’t know if I’ll be able to post to my blog for those few days.  I will definitely post when I return.

6 Comments:

At 8:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ah...you make me proud and best of all I know you are proud of the entire group. Just sounds like you have an awesome bunch to work with.
Thanks for telling us that you won't be posting for a few days...I always get worried and have to call Missy to see if she's heard from you.
Linda-got a geography lesson today. Didn't know S. Cal. had mountains!! I'll bet it's a beautiful sight!!!
147 - I kinda thought you might be sore from the "Elvis" tryout. ha ha ha!!
Mom - I've got that "Body for Life" book if you want to look at it again. I started that again along with the "situps"!!!
LOVE YA MICHAEL!!! and Schelle and Britni!!! Melanie

 
At 8:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY MIS

 
At 1:04 AM, Anonymous 147 said...

I so agree with Melanie. You men are the real picture of “The Marines.” You know I’m gonna say, “I am more than proud.” Wish the media would get involved with the positive reports and your visitors.
Yelp! A little sore but NO broken bones. Sit-ups? You bet. I “sit up” as straight as I can. LOL
More Happy B-Day to you MissIssy. You’re beautiful.

 
At 6:39 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

OOH-RAH 3/4!! General Zilmer must have been impressed with all that he saw and heard, just as we are. Shortening your deployment would be a great reward.
Visiting Al Asad will be much more pleasant than the last time.
Missy, California and all of the western states are loaded with incredible mountains. There are long, tall mountain ranges throughout California. It is truly beautiful.
Mike, have the rains begun yet? That must be something to experience. Probably brings sludge to mind. We had a few minutes of a light sprinkle, just enough to bring up our hopes and then...nothing.
Have a safe trip.

 
At 7:40 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

prime example of "bad news travels faster than good"! way to go guys! all the "good" was slow to get around, but finally made it! chocolate chip cookie dough for everybody!!
excited to know you are well enough to make that "computer trip"! hopefully this time you will be able to enjoy the sights!
know you are loved
mom

 
At 2:37 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

The Los Angeles Times Sunday edition had an article about the progress in your area. I sent it to Sergeant Major who will share it with all the guys.
Colts will be playing the Bears for the Super Bowl Championship. Any favorites?

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home