Saturday, December 23, 2006

Trinkets Everywhere

  Yesterday afternoon, 1stSgt Bass from Weapons Company stopped by and gave me a gift.  He laid a bunch MSgt chevrons on my desk and told me that they were MSgt McAnulty’s.  I am now wearing them on my collar and will think of him often.

  I got a box from my mom (Gloria) today.  It had one present that I was marked “Open now” and the rest are marked “Do not open until Christmas”.  I got a little cross for my pocket.  Thanks mom.  Now I’m wearing a St. Barbara medallion on my dog tags that Mrs. Reimell gave me, a cross in my pocket from mom, and chevrons from MSgt McAnulty.  I should be pretty safe the rest of the deployment.  Hahaha.  Mom also sent me a razorback hat.  I will be wearing it for the bowl game.

  I’m sending out more Marines tomorrow on a four day mission.  Pray for them.  With one of our companies gone, we have to step up and do a lot more.  My Marines are working very hard.  LCpl Williams (Linda, I think one of your students writes him) passed out from exhaustion today and we had to carry him to medical.  He’ll be fine; he got 24 hours of bed rest.

6 Comments:

At 9:11 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

the perfect person to carry on the chevrons of MSgt McAnulty's. i know he is as proud for you to have them as you are to wear them. how special.
and you are saving the rest to open Christmas,,, right?
praying for your Marines on their mission. also for LCpt Williams.
love ya bunches
mom

 
At 12:18 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

I am so glad you are wearing the medal because Saint Barbara is the patron saint of the military and will bring you protection. There is no one MSgt McAnulty would have wanted to wear his chevrons who would have worn them with more pride than you. He will be your angel.Our prayers are always with you and your Brave Marines. May God go with them on their mission. LCpl Williams, take care and hopefully a good rest will have you back on your feet.
Yesterday was our last day of school before the Christmas break and the class was incredibly calm. That was a good change because they had been soooo excited before. The winter program came out really well, the teacher who filmed it did a great job and I will be sending it to you. Sent a few packages today with newspapers, magazines and books.
Take care, Brave Marines.
Your friend,
Linda

 
At 6:58 AM, Anonymous 147 said...

Man Mike - I know those things are much more than things. Heart gifts - priceless - goes deep, then deeper - Yelp.
We will be praying for the men and their mission. I'm even listening for the tops of the Balsam trees.

 
At 9:14 AM, Anonymous Aunt Lea said...

Mike, You have become so special to so many people. Please know that your extended family in Calif. keeps you and your men in our prayers. We too are wishing we could be in Sheridan at this time. But we know that your family there has you and us with them in spirit. Stay safe.

 
At 12:32 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

Merry Christmas, Mike. To you and all of your Brave Marines, our heartfelt wishes for a peaceful Christmas.

 
At 5:06 AM, Blogger Missy said...

Merry Christmas bubba! I love you.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home