Wednesday, December 13, 2006

MSgt McAnulty

  I’m doing better today.  Every day I say that.  I am walking at a normal pace and feeling good but I can still feel a little soreness in my gut.  I am now able to button three buttons on my trousers.  So, my swelling is going down.  I’m guessing it’ll take another week to get back to normal.

  Well, I had to give up one of my Staff NCO’s today to fill the Company Gunnery Sergeant billet.  Our Company Gunny went to Kilo Company to fill in for the gunny that was selected to take over the Operations Chief billet in Weapons Company.

  MSgt Brian P. McAnulty was loved by everyone in the battalion.  Tonight the SgtMaj is going to announce when we will be having his memorial service.  He will definitely be missed.  Rest in Peace Brother.

4 Comments:

At 10:02 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

Dear Mike and Darkside,
It is impossible to know what to say that might bring you solace. What a loss for so many. My prayers are with MSgt McAnulty's family, the injured Marines and all of you who loved him so much.

"When he shall die
Take him and cut
him in little stars
And he will make the
face of heaven so fine
That all the world
Will be in love with
the night And pay
no worship to the
garish sun.
-W.Shakespeare

 
At 6:22 AM, Anonymous 147 said...

I can't imagine how you, your fellow men, and MSgt McAnulty's family feel. It is so sad. It has to be that you are all a comfort to one another. I remember you explaining how someone accompanies a fallen brother home - I'm thinking of him too. Praying for you all and holding you closer than ever.

 
At 8:20 AM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

michael
i love you

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

After my dad died, I found a quote that always stuck with me...

"To live in hearts we leave behind is not to die."

You are in our prayers...

Angela Pumphrey

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home