Saturday, November 18, 2006

Muscle Soreness?

  Not much happened today.  We had three Marines injured last night from an IED.  They are all doing fine.  There were three different firefights at three different locations in a four span last night too.  Then, tonight one of our bases got attacked and the Marines repelled them.  I wrote four letters today.  Three of the letters went to people who had sent my platoon a box from books for soldiers and one letter for my dad.  I keep track of all the addresses and names of people who send my platoon things.  I have written all of them back except one.  I couldn’t figure out how to spell the name of the city and I couldn’t distinguish the zip code due to sloppy handwriting.  I hate that, because I want them to know that we got it and that we appreciate it.

  I took the NCO’s on a short PT run today.  I only ran them a mile and then we did a circuit course in the gym.  I had them do dips, crunches, push ups, leg raises, side straddle hops (jumping jacks), and jump on 18” boxes.  We did each station for a minute then switched to the next station.  We went around four times.  It was pretty fun.  Different than what I usually do.  It gets a sweat going and keeps the heart rate up.  This afternoon I did a leg workout and their still burning.  I’m going to feel it in later.  Have you noticed that as you get older it longer to get sore?  When I was in high school I would work out real hard and be sore the next morning.  Then about five years later it took at least 24 – 36 hours before I felt sore.  Now it takes at least 48 hours after a workout before I get sore.  Hey Melanie, how long does it take you to get sore?  You’re getting up there and you still work out.  Just kidding.  Hahaha.  I guess that’s why paw gets a bruise and can’t remember how he got it.  He actually did the damage a week before he got the bruise.

  It’s really cool in the mornings.  I started seeing my breath last week.  It’s real nice in the middle of the day.  It makes me think of fall and football every time I go outside and feel the sun with a cool breeze.  It’s cold in the shade.  All that’s missing is the smell of fresh cut grass.

  I wrote Schellee an e-mail this morning and asked her how Britni did.  She wrote me back and said

 “…Just wanted to check my mail real quick before we left.  It's funny...I wrote you last night about her 500 free and this morning your message was asking how she did.  Must take a while to get messages back and forth…”

  And that was it.  I didn’t get any e-mail from her with results.  So now I still don’t know how she did.  I guess we were in minimized because of the injuries last night and her message didn’t get through to me.  Hahaha.  When I find out how she did, I’ll let everyone know.

  Go Hogs, Go Cal, and Go UCLA.  I’m also hoping Michigan blows out Ohio State.  I’m getting tired of all the hype.

5 Comments:

At 12:54 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

Arkansas won!!

 
At 6:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO HOGS!!! WE DID WIN!! Ohio St. beat Michigan which I hate because the Ohio St. fans I know think they are all that and a bag of chips already.....
Thanks for the extreme visual of the uniforms......OH HOW I LOVE A MAN IN UNIFORM!!!! Those uniforms sound hot!!! (not in degrees) ha ha
Punk.....I get sore the next day now....when I was YOUNGER it took 48 hours but now it seems to be reverting back. I thought it was because I was in shape like I was when I was a teenager. ha ha ha ha
I would have loved to been there for the station workout. That does sound like alot of fun. Did you get to play some really good pump it up music???? (or did they just have to listen to you shout?) I know I would be taking some ibuprofin on that one.
Swimming/soccer.....hang in there Britni....you're doing great!!!
We all love you and miss you Michael!!
Melanie

 
At 3:00 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

ok,, so i waited till the game was over to find out the score,, was excited for all you sports fans that arkansas won. was getting zzz's to help make sure all our little co stayed safe last night. a few deer did not make it, even tho it is hunting season, i think there are more vehicle vs. deer than hunters are tagging.
hummmmm, melanie and michael, i hurt to think of the work-outs you two go thru,, think i will stick with the breathing techniques,, sometimes i add pilates.
gotta check out the dress blues, mel, it will take your breath!
love ya and stay safe

 
At 9:32 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Deer nothing...I almost hit 2 cows this morning. What are the odds? They were leisurely strolling to town.At least deer run when they see cars. It was kind of funny actually. When I passed them, they ran behind me for a while...they must have thought the Chevy was a tractor. Ha Ha
HOW BOUT THEM HOGS!!! I can't wait for next Friday...Christmas shopping and Razorback traffic in Little Rock. Everyone in Arkansas will be in Little Rock, women for shopping, men for football. I'm actually thinking about post poning my shopping so I don't have to put with the HOG WILD traffic!
Glad the Marines that were injured are doing alright.
Stay safe!!
Love you much,
Sis

 
At 1:14 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

This is too funny, this morning I had two surfers ride their bikes in front of my car as I was heading to the market. Picture boys riding their bikes and holding onto their surfboards at the same time. Maybe we weren't meant to be driving this morning.
UCLA won which is good, Arkansas won, which is better news. Now if Notre Dame can take care of SC (fingers are crossed), that will make the next week's game even more fun to watch.
Prayers are with your two Marines who were injured. Godspeed to them as they head home.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home