Thursday, November 23, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving

  Happy Thanksgiving to everyone.  I hope it was pleasant.  It was a very slow day today.  Nothing was really going on.  I’m eating Thanksgiving Dinner with my Marines tonight and then I’m going to watch House.  One of my Marines had the first and second seasons of House and let me borrow it.  I’d only seen the show one time before he gave me the series.  I’m hooked.  I watch one show every night.  The great thing is, it took me a month to watch the first season and now I’m on the second season which has 24 episodes.  So it’ll be another month before I’m done watching it.  Another one of my Marines has two seasons of Lost.  I have never seen that show but everyone says it’s good.  So when I’m done with House, I think I’ll start watching the two seasons of Lost.

  Pa is doing better and he’s at home now.  I knew he would get better, he always does.  He’s very strong.  He needs to be at home with Nonnie and Bonnie.  Those two ladies like taking care of him and I think he gets stronger when they’re with him.

  We got flu shots for Thanksgiving.  It was wonderful.  I always tell the docs that I’m allergic to two things; sharp objects and anything metallic.  It never works.  I am thankful for all of you, and thinking of you often.

 

4 Comments:

At 9:56 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

We had a great Thanksgiving meal - DeAnn cooked. The blessing was said by Biff, Nonnie, Pa, me, Danny, and Pa again!!! You were a big part of that.
The Thanksgiving prayer is such a precious time - everyone holds hands - stoic serious! I don't know if I told you about it last year but it was the funniest thing ever! It was at our house and only Pa prayed. His prayer focused on the settlers of our great land and how they came to the unknown and "blazed trails!" After the Amen, he continued to talk about how rough they had it and said, "You know many of those first Pilgrims died." Most unexpected and in a quiet voice Nonnie said, "They all died!" We absolutely cracked up - all but Pa who didn't think it was funny at first. We laughed the entire meal. Think what made it so precious was because we were so thankful that Nonnie had survived the strokes last year . . . then for her to come up with that and pop Pa's balloon at the same time was just too much!
I'm so looking forward to love and laughter at our next Thanksgiving in APRIL.

 
At 12:24 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Michael! Grandma is here and she says......"We're having dinner at Melanie's with everybody. Me and Grandpa are doing real well until the 30th of November when I have my knee replacement. I don't know what Grandpa's gonna do waitin on me and cookin for himself. That will be fun won't it!! ha ha ha I got Schelle and Britni and the two babies a little somethin but I haven't got it mailed yet. I guess I'll get you something mailed before long because Gloria is gonna do the rest of my Christmas shopping for me. We think about you all the time and are praying for you. Love you! Grandma and Grandpa. Wish you were here.

Happy Thanksgiving Michael! I love you!! Melanie

 
At 5:40 AM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

was that not special, from grandma? she was all excited to let melanie show her what we all have been talking about, bless her heart, she even put her hearing aid in for the thanksgiving dinner tonite and i think she still just heard parts of the conversations! but you know it is kinda hard at one of our family meals just to keep up,, we do kinda all talk at the same time about different subjects and then see who can talk the loudest for the floor! it was fun, and spohie and i are bushed!! she went too and played with a mini-sheltie,, to sophie, she was like a big grizzly bear! sophie would get up in grandpa's lap for base!! sence melanie has gotten married our family has grown into a big variety of ages and so much fun. eddie's mom and step -dad, some of eddie's newphews and neices, his brothers and sisters and their wives and eddie's dad and step-mom and whoever else shows up to just drop by to say hello or have a plate,, it was great. we all thought of you today and have been included in all our prayers. we are blessed to have each other and without you and your Marines we would not be able to take for granted celebrating any holiday. thanks guys,, we do not forget.
stay safe and know you are loved

 
At 6:36 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

Happy Thanksgiving Mike and all of your Marines and families from the coast of California. You were in all our thoughts and prayers as we gathered together. Lots of cousins, siblings and a couple of sets of grandparents. My mother, the German immigrant and proud American citizen is visiting said to tell you THANK YOU or as she says, "Sank You!" Stay safe, brave Marines and Thank You from all of us.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home