Monday, November 06, 2006

Good Day

  Today was a great day for 3rd Bn 4th Marines.  We killed a lot of insurgents and didn’t have any Marines or Civilians get hurt.  In one instance a group of insurgents were doing something and we just happened to have a cobra helicopter in the area and we were able to redirect it and kill them.  It seemed to happen like that all day long.  Things were just falling into place for us.

  I got a lot of things accomplished today.  I met with all the 1stSgt’s and coordinated some things to get done.  I was told that I probably wouldn’t be able to do it because the companies wouldn’t have the time or the resources but again, everything happened to fall into place for me and we were able to get everything done.  I wish every day was like today.

  I also got some boxes.  I got some movies, peanuts, and lots of candy from mom (Bonnie).  I’m looking forward to watching the movies.  I haven’t seen any of them and my Marines were telling me that they were all good movies.  I got some boxes and letters from Emilie Ritchen School.  They keep sending great stuff.  The Marines love it when I get a box or a manila package of letters from them.  They will keep calling my office until I get over there and open it up for them.  I also got a box from two other people that got my name off of a web site.  They sent some magazines, books, and hygiene gear.  Someone sent some Godiva Chocolates.  I couldn’t believe it.  I don’t even buy that for me; it’s too expensive.  Everyone that was there when I opened the box got one piece.

5 Comments:

At 9:51 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

Glad things are going good. Most especially that the good guys got the bad ones and not the other way around. They won't hurt anyone else. Wicked killers cannot be tolerated and you men were not sent there to baby-sit. How well you know that! It is not easy for us to understand the evil that is unleashed there. Here we can close our eyes until it is comes through our door! I'm so thankful no Marines or Civilians were even hurt.
It has to be fun to get the boxes and the kid's letters. You men are so loved and appreciated. Get SgtMaj (and your fan club) to watch "Cinderella Man" with you. I've got the Goo Goo Clusters ready to go out tomorrow - along with a pair of sunglasses! I think Melanie has a good idea - - paid a whoppin' 5 bucks for these at Dollar General! HAHA! Looked at Buck's but couldn't tell which were mens! HEHE! No Marine of mine is gonna wear sissy sunglasses! HOHO! Love ya Mike - so much.

 
At 11:16 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You made today sound great over there....candy...movies....letters...a whole lot of whooop ### but I given the picture as whole, think I'll go with Missy to the mud drags and eat bar-b-que bologna and some of that pig in the ground. We climbed Pinnacle this weekend. It was great!! If you haven't done that before, next time you're home (AR) we should do that. I'm sure it would be nothing for you comparatively speaking but His work is amazingly beautiful and it's neat to stand in one spot a mile high and look over it. My legs are sore and I feel like such a woos(sp)being the "runner" that I am!! hahahaha Love ya! Melanie

 
At 5:28 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

Feats of courage,
nobility of purpose

OOH-RAH MARINES!! The insurgents and thugs haven't got a chance against your mighty Marines! Bless you all.

 
At 7:11 AM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

thank God for good days and the strength and knowledge he gives you guys for being able to carry out your duties.
missy and i were just talking about Christmas earlier today,, it seems so many people are willing to give to you and your troops.is so comforting to know so many other people are aware of the simple things we take for granted every day. sounds like you won't be stumbling around with your eyes closed much longer!! haha
love ya!

 
At 8:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mike, Am enjoying your postings. Know that you are loved by so many. Bonnie has done a good job in getting me hooked onto your site. Uncle Tom and I will pray for all of you guys. Keep up the good work. I'm the one who told Bonnie that you would like Cinderella Man. Take care

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home