Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Three More WIA's

  We had three Marines from Lima Company get injured last night by an IED.  I have no idea how any of them survived.  The vehicle was totaled.  One guy got bruised up, the other two had some lacerations and some burns.  Nothing too bad though.  I took a picture of the vehicle.  A Marine from a unit to our East was killed today.  We are in minimized status again.

  I got a box from treats-for-troops.  I went to the website and registered my Marines and they sent me a box of goodies.  It had candied peanuts and hygiene gear in it.  I gave it to my Marines.  I’m trying not to eat junk food.  The Marines love it though.  As soon as I brought it in they were all around it like a pack of wolves on a lamb.

  The Battalion has been adopted by a nice lady named Tina from the Adoptaplatoon.com website.  They are making a banner for us to hang in our hallway.  They seem very nice and excited to help us.  The Marines are also excited to be supported by them.

  It’s amazing how many people in the US still support the troops.  I thought it might be a little different.  I thought it might get old.  It was easy to be patriotic when the war started.  It’s amazing to me how many people still take time out of their day to think about us and actually send us things.  No one will ever know how grateful I am for that.  I see the impact it has on my Marines on a daily basis.  The best time of the day is mail call.  Thank you to everyone who e-mails, writes, sends us anything, or prays for us.  You say you are grateful for what we do, but we are just as grateful for what you do.

4 Comments:

At 8:46 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

And you will never understand how great it is to get a new blog - bringing us to you. I know it would be so easy for you to not inform us (because every minute you have is precious) but not only there are you doing a mighty work - but also in us here. Thank you Mike. I love the good news and cry with the sad news - but my heart never leaves yours.

 
At 9:16 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

I CAN'T IMAGINE NOT RECEIVING YOUR BLOGS, YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT A COMFORT IT IS TO US ALL. SO PROUD OF OTHERS FOR THEIR SUPPORT, LIKE YOU I WAS AFRAID IT HAD DWINDLED. THERE IS NEVER A DAY THAT SOMEONE DOES NOT ASK US ABOUT YOU, WE PROUDLY CONVEY OUR LAST INFORMATION. SELDOM DO I HAVE TO ASK FOR PRAYERS FOR YOU AND YOUR TROOPS, MOST OFFER WILLINGLY.
THANK YOU FOR ALLOWING US TO BE SUCH A PART IN THIS TOUR.
KNOW YOU ARE LOVED

 
At 11:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so proud of you and ALL of the people in our military!!!! It's really nice to be able to move around our country and not have to worry about IED's and all those other acronyms (sp) ya'll have. Thanks for watching our backs!!!and allowing us ALL our freedoms that we take granted. Love you! Melanie

 
At 12:46 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

How those Marines survived is a miracle. Thank God they were able to get out of the humvee. Our prayers are with them as they recover in the hospital.
Adoptaplatoon is a great organization. We adopted our first platoon with them in 2003 and they were terrific. Your Marines deserve the support of every American who has ever breathed the sweet air of freedom. You all are always in our thoughts and prayers.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home