Sunday, October 29, 2006

Small pond

  It rained again last night and I woke up and thought I heard the sound of water dripping into a puddle.  My first thought was, “Oh no, my can is flooded!”  I jumped out of bed and me feet didn’t get wet so I immediately knew that it wasn’t the case.  I turned on my lights and opened my door and there were puddles outside but the water had actually receded a little bit.  So, I went back to bed.

  My tin can isn’t in the water anymore.  The water line is now about 20 feet away from my door.  We still have about five tin cans in the water.  When I got up and went to chow I walked along the burm to check out the other side of the road and the water dropped about two feet.  The hole that was made wasn’t big enough to drain everything.  It helped out a little, but not much.  I don’t know what they’re going to do now.  I think it’s going to take at least a week for it to dry out.

  I found out that USC got beat by Oregon State, YEEAAHHH!  Linda sent me an e-mail to let me know the good news.  Arkansas and Sheridan both won.  The Razorbacks will have a tuff game next week against CarolinaCarolina has played some tight games with some really good teams.  I haven’t heard how 29 Palms High did.  They were playing Big Bear for what will probably be the Conference Championship Game.  Big Bear was undefeated and 29 Palms had one loss.

  The SgtMaj came back last night so we hit the gym again today.  Tomorrow we start back on Rocky training.  Chuck Norris is supposed to fly in around 1900 tomorrow night.  By the way, I’ve got a few more Chuck Norris Facts…

 

1.  Chuck Norris is not hung like a horse... horses are hung like Chuck Norris.

 

2.  Chuck Norris can hit you so hard that he can actually alter your DNA. Decades from now your descendants will occasionally clutch their heads and yell, "WHAT THE HELL WAS THAT?" - This is my favorite.

 

3.  Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.

 

4.  There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Chuck Norris has allowed to live.

 

5.  Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.

 

6.  Chuck Norris is so fast, he can run around the world and punch himself in the back of the head.

 

7.  Chuck Norris doesn’t go hunting…Chuck Norris goes killing.

3 Comments:

At 10:04 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

with all the noise the army is making, maybe you won't be bothered for a few days by insurgents,, bet they were taking head count this time!haha
does the rain still smell bad?
i'm in el paso at jan's and george's. they all said tell you hi and send their prayers and thoughts.
know you are loved

 
At 7:09 AM, Anonymous 147 said...

I thought blowing up ant hills with firecrackers as a kid with Bif was fun! It was. Sounds like you men have decreased a problem and created a community swimming pool on the side. Any rats floating around?? I know these Chuck Norris facts are really Marine facts and you are trying to make the wimpy fellow look good!!
Okay – we’re ready for a picture of you and C.N. and also of you showing Captain Bair a thing or two.

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

Today is the birthday of Angelo Siciliano. "Who," you are probably asking. By his other name he has probably had some influence on your mighty Marines. Angelo was a weak boy but he was inspired by the tigers he visited at the zoo to begin working out. In time,he invented the isometric exercises and built up quite a mass of muscles. In fact his body measurements are buried in a time capsule. What did he change his name to? Charles Atlas. As you are working out with Sgt Major Geletko, you can casually mention old Angelo who was born way back in 1892. Flex a muscle in honor of a legend.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home