Monday, October 23, 2006

ROCKY

  Oops!  I forgot.  Sorry Melanie.  I’ve been away from Arkansas for too long.  It is “Mud Drags”.  Not “Truck Pulls”.  How could I forget the name of the official state sport?  I used to go there with Aunt Wanda and Willie on Saturday nights.  Well, I still remember that the state dog is the Coon dog. Hehe.

  Yesterday I got up and went to the gym.  I did 20 minutes on the bike and then….dumm da da dumm…started training like Rocky.  Hitting the bag for 90 seconds, jumping jacks, push ups, leg raises, crunches, hit the bag…25 minutes never seemed so long.  I cheated on my push ups.  My shoulders were killing me.  Then at the evening meal the SgtMaj starts talking about, “We’ll be in awesome shape if we do that every day.”  I told him I was not doing that every day.  So then he says, “OK, every other day.”  I’m not doing that either.  I’m thinking twice a week.  My thumbs, pinky fingers and palms are sore from hitting that stupid bag.  How do the palms of your hands get sore when they didn’t touch anything?  I’ve never strained a pinky muscle before.  Hahahaha.

  An Air Force Band is here tonight to play for us.  They’re called Blue Force or something like that.  They are supposed to perform country, pop, rock, and jazz.  I feel stupid about saying this and the guys would never here me say this but I’m actually looking forward to it.  It’ll break up the monotony.

  On the way back from chow, there was a lot of lightning in the North.  I wonder if it’s coming this way.  I’m dreading the day I have to walk to work in the mud and pouring down rain.  Well, I’m going to wrap this up.  I don’t want to be late for the show.

2 Comments:

At 7:50 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

Probably all the men will enjoy the band - but there again, will they ever admit it? Sounds like a Calgon opportunity to me - a "take me away" thing. All of you could use that I'm sure.
Mike - I'll take a 4-wheeler and the power lines after a gusher. Those were good times!
Kinda get an idea that an extended boxing tournament has begun. You show em'!

 
At 11:24 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

i get chills just thinking of the band, i know it was great, and country ,, wow!! ya sure you don't need those line dancing steps!!hah
ok, probably not.
147 i believe the main difference between the mud drags and the 4-wheeler power line would be the crowd for the "hey,,,,,watch issss!!!" hahah
i'm with you michael i think twice a week will do just fine! that is a hard work-out session!
i bet the lightening was really pretty over the flat desert sky.
stay safe
know you are loved

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home