Sunday, October 08, 2006

Razorbacks win!

  I got to watch the Razorback game last night in the gym.  They were showing it on American Forces Network.  I was the only one that showed up to watch it.  Everyone else was there to just work out.  When Mustain threw the touchdown pass to Monk in the first quarter, I jumped up and started yelling.  Everyone in the gym stopped what they were doing and started looking at me.  I quietly sat back down and one of the civilian contractors said, “Hey top, you yell all you want!  Go Razorbacks!”  So, I did.  It was pretty fun.  One by one, guys started coming over to see what the score was and before long, we had about 15 Marines and Soldiers rooting for the Razorbacks.  No one was from Arkansas; they just wanted to see Auburn get upset.  I’m glad I stayed up.  However, I’ve been dragging today.  I can’t wait to get back to my room and go to sleep.  I know Linda is happy too, her Bruins stomped Arizona.

  Not much going on today or yesterday.  All my men are back.  We completed a four day operation where we swept through an area that had been giving us trouble.  The Marines went door to door asking questions and searching homes.  We think we got some good stuff.  Hopefully, some things will work out.

  The Marines at Boxer haven’t gotten mortared since we set up our own mortar pit.  I don’t know if it’s because they know what will happen or if it’s due to the operation we just did.  It may be a little of both.  Our pit can be seen from a long way away.

 

2 Comments:

At 8:43 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

yes!! finally the big football game! not surprising to me you would have all the marines calling the hogs by the time the season is over!
so proud of youand your marines
stay safe, know you are loved.

 
At 4:08 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

You are so right, that was quite a game UCLA played yesterday. Go Bruins!
Good news about the mortars being silenced, that is MUCH better news than the Bruins win. Stay safe brave Marines.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home