Friday, October 06, 2006

Jamaican in Iraq

  The first few reports said the EOD Marine from yesterday had lost his eye.  This morning the medical staff said that it got pushed back into his head and the swelling from the trauma covered it up.  Today they could see his eye but they don’t know if he’ll be able to see out of it.  It will probably be a few days before all the swelling goes down and they’ll know if it can be saved or not.  The other Marine is doing fine and will be back out on patrol in a few days.

  One of our companies was out doing a raid and ran upon a Jamaican guy living on the outskirts of an Iraqi village.  They searched his house and found an Iraqi woman chained up in the basement.  He was using her as a sex slave.  He also had all kinds of anti-US fliers and other things in his house so they rounded him up and brought him to our jail here at Al Qaim.  I haven’t heard anything about the lady.  I hope she is back with her family and doing well.  Another company found a pretty big weapons cache this morning that had rockets and suicide vests.

 

1 Comments:

At 4:42 AM, Anonymous 147 said...

I am so proud of that company for finding that woman - and all the threatening devices. I could not even respond when I first read it. Guess you continually wonder what is behind every wall and corner, and well you should! I know that is where Divine Intervention comes in - keeping you safe and also leading and alerting you men. You are doing a mighty work and certainly The Army goes before you (remember the tops of the Balsam trees!). Keep focused - you have everything you need. I forgot to put my 147 on my last comment. Thank you so much for your faithfulness to the blog. I check it about 20 times a day! Ballgame is at ElDorado tonight. Will let you know!

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home