Thursday, October 26, 2006

Chuck Norris

  We have been in minimized for three days.  It has lifted each time for about an hour or two and then someone gets hit again.  2nd Battalion 3rd Marines out of Hawaii has had four KIA’s in the past two days.  I saw a report on the internet that said this was the deadliest month in Iraq for U.S. Troops in a year.  So far 96 American Servicemen have died and the same number died in October last year.  We still have five days left in the month.

  Chuck Norris is supposed to be coming to Al Qaim.  I thought it was a joke at first.  But everyone’s talking about it so I guess it’s true.  If I get a chance to take a picture with him, I’m going to ask him to choke me.  Hahahaha.  I figure he would do that quicker than letting me choke him for the picture.  Since I’m in a good mood today, I thought I would share some Chuck Norris FACTS with everyone.

 

1.  When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

 

2.  Chuck Norris doesn't churn butter. He roundhouse kicks the cows and the butter comes straight out.

 

3.  Chuck Norris once bet NASA he could survive re-entry without a spacesuit. On July 19th, 1999, a naked Chuck Norris re-entered the earth's atmosphere, streaking over 14 states and reaching a temperature of 3000 degrees.  An embarrassed NASA publicly claimed it was a meteor, and still owes him a beer.

 

4.  Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles is based on a true story: Chuck Norris once swallowed a turtle whole, and when he crapped it out, the turtle was six feet tall and had learned karate.

 

  That’s not all.  I’ve got more.  I’ll post them later.  Britni and Schellee are going to a pumpkin patch tomorrow.  Have fun Britni.  Just remember, the little ones are cute but they’re a lot harder to carve.  You have to draw on them.  Last year I carved a watermelon.  I told everyone it was a pumpkin in a watermelon costume.  I thought it was funny.  Most people thought I was stupid.

  The SgtMaj and CO are at a different base for a few days.  He was hoping that there would be bad weather and they wouldn’t be allowed to fly but they got out this morning.  I’m still going to the gym to do cardio but I’ll be safe from punching the bag for a few days.  My hands are still sore.  I’ll have muscles on my fingers when I get back.

 

7 Comments:

At 9:03 PM, Anonymous 147 said...

The pumpkin in a watermelon costume is hilarious. Maybe the ones who didn’t think so were Baptist – “never done it like that before!!”
I wish Chuck Norris would see you work-out. They might even make a movie about it! Why don’t you challenge him? His demise would give the world news reporters something new to present to us from there instead of all the depressing reports we get every night. Still, we hope and pray for change, for quality and secure life there for the upright who call it "home." Press on Brave Marines and do enjoy your visitor.

 
At 9:11 PM, Blogger mhmcmom said...

yes michael it as been a very bad month for our troops and marines. iraq is the hot topic of the news right now. you guys are never out of our thoughts and prayers, i personally do not take this situation lightly, but have learned to be humble thru God's amazing strength and miracles.
i have an oops,,, sorry melanie, i thought those were schellee's comments.
chuck norris,, wow!, think he may go a round on the bag with ya? i bet you could show him a thing or two!!
i love the pumpkin in the watermelon costume!! who'd of thought? britni,, have a great time in the pumpkin patch,, if they have a maze you have to do it!
know you are loved!

 
At 3:08 AM, Anonymous Linda said...

Major Shuster came to visit today! Sending pictures.
Chuck Norris counted to infinity-twice.
Chuck Norris is suing NBC claiming law and order are trademarked names for his legs.
The dinosaurs look at Chuck Norris the wrong way. Once
Our thoughts and prayers are with the Marines. Take care and be safe. This afternoon the news reports say the deaths are up to 98. Keep that protective gear on.

 
At 5:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, he's gone......he probably appreciates the break as much as you!!hahahaha Melanie

 
At 6:20 PM, Blogger Missy said...

Chuck Norris walked into a Burger King, ordered a Big Mac, and got it!
Okay your #1, all those times I checked for the Boogeyman before bed when I had my own personal Chuck Norris! Wow, why didn't I feel safe???
While he was hoping for bad weather, were you praying for sunshine?? Did he leave the bag for you?
Love and prayers to our 2/3 Marines.
Love you much Mike!

 
At 2:22 PM, Anonymous Linda said...

When Chuck Norris does a pushup, he isn't lifting himself up, he's pushing the Earth down.

Chuck Norris doesn't sleep. He waits.

Chuck Norris can divide by zero.

And in honor of Saint Louis winning the World Series, a baseball fact. There are no steroids in baseball, only players Chuck Norris has breathed on.

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Missy said...

You have got to get your picture made with Chuck!! That is Grandma James' boyfriend! I'll have to tell her that you're going to meet him. She never missed an episode of Walker Texas Ranger.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home