Monday, September 25, 2006

NASCAR Trucks Vs. Football

  I have to tell you….I really like sending e-mail’s to update my blog.  This is so much better than the way I was doing it.  Maybe tomorrow I’ll attach a picture and see what happens.

  This morning I got up and went to the gym to do my cardio and guess what was on.  No, not the NFL.  NASCAR Truck Racing.  Again, no football.  I was only kidding about bowling but I’m starting to wonder who’s running the AFN Television station.  I would understand if it was the NASCAR Nextel Series since they are basically in their playoffs but who watches the trucks?  I don’t watch either one.  My sister is a big NASCAR fan and she goes to the tracks but I don’t get it.  I don’t think I want to spend hours and hours watching people drive in a circle.  I was offered pit passes when I was in California and I didn’t go.  Anyway, hopefully I’ll get to see some football next week…or maybe bowling.

  Last night they had Karaoke in the gym at 7:30 PM.  When I refer to the gym, I’m talking about a big room with some free weights and some cardio machines with a big screen TV.  I wonder if people are riding on the elliptical machines while other people are singing in front of them.  I was going to go check it out but I didn’t leave until 11:30 PM.

  The day started slow with little to do and I thought I would make it back to my rack early tonight and get some sleep but at 1530 I got a call from Regiment (our higher headquarters in Al Asad) about three reports that were due today.  They had forgotten to notify me because they passed it to 1/7 and they didn’t let me know about it.  So, my Marines and I have been busting our tails for the past few hours trying to get stuff done.  Oh well.  It’s fun.  I work well under pressure and on a tight schedule.  I like the challenge.

  Britni did well again yesterday.  Congratulations Britni!!  I love you!  I will try and call you tomorrow if I can.

4 Comments:

At 6:33 AM, Anonymous Schellee said...

Mike,

STILL NO FOOTBALL!!! I just can't believe it! Ha!HA!HA! Seriously though...I am pretty surprised they haven't had football. Maybe tomorrow you'll get to enjoy the annual shuffleboard championships! OOOh..I should be so lucky!

Britni came down with a cold last night. She started not feeling weel on the way home from the meet. She got up this morning sneezing, coughing, stuffy nose, etc. I hope she can kick it soon. Cornell has a cold too. Poor little guy. He is coughing and snorting and sneezing. He is pretty miserable. Thankfully he hasn't had a fever though!

Well - I should go. I want to make sure I get to the gym in the morning. Didn't go this morning. I was sooo tired and had a terrible headache. So - I want to get there tomorrow! Can't wait to talk to you!

I love you.

Me

 
At 6:21 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm cracking up about the no football!! Obviously, there is a female with a great sense of humor in charge of your network. Ha Ha Either that, or it's finally payback for all those years of me being forced to watch football with you. I told you I'd get you to watch a race sooner or later!

Love ya much,
Missy

 
At 8:12 PM, Blogger apump said...

Oh my goodness, I have to post here to tell you that I was NOT a NASCAR fan either. I mean watching those guys drive in circles wasn't my bag. Seemed stupid...well the girl who used to feel that way sat straight up in bed last night hollering 'cuz her favorite driver was wrecked while leading with only three laps to go...My husband who WAS sleeping soundly didn't dare say a word at me for waking him up....after all, he was the one who had hoped I would get into it...Yes, now I have a #99 license plate, t-shirt and ball cap....GO CARL EDWARDS!!!!!

 
At 12:45 PM, Blogger Elsie C. said...

The administrators are tweaking last year’s faults to ensure that everything is hunky dory venue with Lahore/Karachi set to host the PSL 2018 final.
For best: Venue of PSL 2018

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home