Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Catfish

  I don’t know when this will post.  Someone died in another unit at a different base today.  So, the entire area shuts down all civilian communications.  So, our e-mail will be held until the next of kin is notified.  Not much happened today around here.  I skipped lunch and then heard that it was a good day to skip.  I was pretty hungry when I went for evening chow.  We had Cajun fried catfish and spicy potato wedges with broccoli and cauliflower.  These guys put a lot of butter on the vegetables.  It almost makes me think it’s not healthy at all to eat it.  It even changes the taste of it.  The fish was so good, I went back and got some more.  I’m stuffed.

  We got a lot of stuff done today.  The only drawback was that I have two Marines that are stranded at another base.  They missed the helicopter ride that we had locked on for them because the unit that was supposed to exchange gear with them was late showing up.  There aren’t any helicopters going between our bases tomorrow so a 15 minute delay turned into a 2 day wait.  We had to call around and find a place for them to sleep tonight.  They are bringing back something that is important to us and we expected to get it today.  So, now we will be jumping through hoops trying to get our project done on time.

  I have sent an attachment with this e-mail.  I don’t know if the picture will post or where it will post.  It’s our battle colors from the Turnover of Authority ceremony.  I took this picture from the balcony of our headquarters building and cropped out everything except the actual flags.  I like the picture.  We’ll see if it works.

3 Comments:

At 6:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't figure out how to use this "comment" thing I guess but I'll keep trying. Just want you to know you're always in my thoughts and prayers. LOVE YA! Melanie

 
At 6:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH, I did it!!! I've left about three others that apparently never made it to "post". Can't believe you didn't karaoke!! I'm just waitin' on my next chance. ha ha ha. WAY TO GO BRITNI!! Maybe next summer you can teach me to swim! HA! Michael, Ya'll be careful and thanks. Melanie

 
At 4:06 AM, Anonymous Schellee said...

Mike,

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that you can look up Britni's results from the meet on socalswim.org. ("Meet Results"...Redlands Season Opener)

How are you doing? Sounds like you had a pretty good dinner of catfish! Sounds good! Did you get dessert with that? Or - did you eat until you couldn't eat anymore! HA! HA! HA!

Well - I have to go. Cornell is crying. He is soooo pitiful! He has a pretty bad cold. (Well - I think it's a cold.) If he has as bad a night tonight as he did last night, I am going to take him to the doctor tomorrow if possible.

We love you and miss you!!!!!

Schellee

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home