Tuesday, August 29, 2006

One day before leaving

Well, this is my first post. I figured I should post something out here to make sure I knew what I was doing.

The Marines are cleaning the shop one last time before I turn over the keys to the building. 1st Bn 7th Marines will be occupying our building after we relieve them in Iraq. The Barracks is the next thing on the list. We will have one more Barracks inspection tomorrow morning at 0600 then everyone will stack all their sea bags in the parking lot and get ready to put them on trucks. Then we'll load up on busses and head for our plane. It could take 7 - 12 days to actually get to Iraq. So, don't expect any posts for a few days.

I'll go home today and pack my stuff. I always wait until the last minute to pack. I have all my gear in the living room floor. It looks terrible. I'm sure Schellee will be happy to see it gone even though she has never said a word. I would probably flip out if she had all her crap everywhere. I guess that goes to show you how good I've got it. Britni will be getting my cell phone when I leave. If anyone has my number, you can now call Britni on it.

As I write this blog, I have to keep a few things in mind. I have to be careful about what and how I write. I will try to be mindful to not use military terms. I've already had to backspace about 10 different times to rewrite something.

To my family, I probably won't call anyone before I leave. I want to get on the bus and leave without any tears. I love you all very much and will be thinking of you often.

Love,
Mike

4 Comments:

At 1:21 AM, Anonymous MIssy said...

Hey Mike!! Just wanted you to know how much I love and support you!! Be Safe and hurry home!!!

 
At 12:38 AM, Anonymous 147 said...

Hi Mike - you must be getting close to "there!" Thinking about you all the time. Everyone here is fine and sends their love. Yellowjackets lost to Malvern. Razorbacks lost Sat. Praying for you all. Love you BIG.

 
At 6:22 PM, Blogger gloria said...

hey have been thinking of you every day and just waiting for something to appear on the blog!! all is well and everyone sends their love support and prayers.stay safe and know we love you. glomom

 
At 5:36 PM, Anonymous Aunt Melanie said...

We're having the fair this week.
I ate a candied apple for ya last
night. How about carmel one tonight? What's that?? ohhhh a
corn dog......okay.....I'll have one of those too!!! Guess what... I won Mrs. Grant County Fair Queen. Got to ride in the parade and throw candy yesterday. Much fun. Got to hand out ribbons to little kids who were showing some animals last night. More fun.
Been thinking about you alot lately and especially TODAY!!! LOVE YA LOTS!!!! MISS YOU AS ALWAYS!!! TAKE CARE!!!
P.S. Sheridan beat WHITE HALL last Friday night (awesome game)and the HOGS beat Vanderbilt last Sat.

 

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home